WILDLIFE ORANGUTANS TREKKING AND TOBA LAKE
25 Juni 2021 106 admin
- Wilderness hiking
- Encounter Wildlife Orangutans in their natural habitat
- Wildlife observing in Sumatra
- Discover The world's largest volcanic lake and ancient culture of Bataknese
- What is the trip about
Multiple days travelling in Sumatra are tailor-made for your authentic experience Multiple day trekking tours encounter the wildlife Orangutans in their natural habitat. Ketambe trekking offer multiple day trekking tours with overnight with camping in the Ketambe jungle, the tour can be personalized depends on your needs first, it can be a relaxing tour with a low level of difficulty of the hike while you can slowly enjoy spending more time to watch other flora and fauna plus endemic Sumatra gibbons, or if you an adventurous type of traveller prefer off the beaten track with a higher level of difficulty to go deeper into the jungle and have longer breaks at the river plus relaxing at the hot springs. Finally, after roughly trekking in the jungle you will deserve peaceful rest of the day in Samosir, Toba lake, and experience the fascinating ancient Batak culture.
Travel theme : Escape Holiday, Culture, Nature and Adventure
Adventure route : Medan city – Bukit Lawang –Tangkahan ( CRU Elephant Rescue) - Prapat city – Toba lake
Group Size : 1 – 8 people
Guaranteed dearture from 1 registered, whether you register alone or with other travelers, your
group is formed as when registration are made ( contact us if you want a private group )
Itinerary Focus : Wildlife Orangutan adventure
This off the beaten track and it will stretch your comfort zone. They don't always feature tourist highlights, but dive
deeper into local life and culture.
Day 1: Arrival to Kualanamu intl’ Airport, Medan city and transfer to Kutacane, Ketambe
- A day before the trip starts, the guide will come and pick you up at the airport and go through to Ketambe (6-hour drive to Kutacane, Ketambe )
- On arrival in Kutacane, Ketambe check in to our guesthouse
- Overnight in Kutacane, Ketambe
Day 2: Ketambe rainfort and Wildlife Orangutan trekking
- After breakfast at the Guest House, we will start our journey trekking in the Ketambe jungle area, crossing the deep jungle, exploring the wildlife of Sumatra such Orang Utans, Thomas Leaf monkeys, Black Gibbons, Masques, lizards, Siamang, birds (Hornbil) and snakes.
- There will be a maximum of 3 hours trekking before lunch.
- Lunch will provide in the jungle, ( we will have a brief stop and make hut on the trek )
- After lunch, we will continue trekking for another 1-2 hours.
- Before Sunset we will build a hut ( overnight at camp) next to a river while you can take a refreshing bath in the river.
- Overnight in the jungle
DAY 3 : Rainforest trekking, Wild Orangutan area, and hot springs
- After breakfast, we will be trekking uphill stream of Gurah river forwards the waterfall, have some water activities at the waterfall
- we will continue trekking deeper in the jungle and explore its wildlife, arrival at our deepest point in the jungle on this journey we will stay/trek for couples hours to observe wildlife activity, lunch will provide in the jungle.
- Lunch will be provided in the jungle
- Continue trek to the hot springs in the middle of the jungle, while you can take a refreshing shower in the warm hot spring water, Dinner and overnight at camp
DAY 4: Trekking back and leaving out Ketambe’s jungle ( return to the eco-guesthoue )
- In the morning we will be trekking back and leaving out the jungle and going back through Ketambe
- Arrive at the guesthouse, take a rest and lunch
- Night in Ketambe
DAY 5 : Transfer from Ketambe to Prapat city and Toba lake
- Transfer from Ketambe to Parapat city
- Arrive in Parapat take the ferry crossing to Samosir: Excursion to Lake Toba by ferry boat, getting Samosir island.
- Arrive in Samosir going through to Tuk Tuk Village
- Stay and night In Tuk Tuk Village
DAY 6 - 7 : Explore Samosir Island, Toba lake and dicover about Batak culture
- Enjoy the days in Samosir with majestic views Toba lake
- explore several interesting Batak culture traditional villages: Tomok: To see the old Tomb of Sidabutar Kings. Ambarita: To see the stone chair and table stone the execution places of Sialagan Kings.
- Procced at a local restaurant with typical Batak dishes such as curry, fish, vegetables
- Visiting the Batak traditional market and procced to Batak’s museum
- The rest is your own program, you can take a beautiful walk or ride a bicycle tour around
- During trip in Samosir Toba lake ( Batak culture ) we will stay at TUK-TUK village
DAY 8: Leaving Samoir Island – Kualanamu Airport, Medan
- In the morning leaving Samosir Toba lake to Parapat by boat ferry ( 45 minutes)
- Transfer to Medan airport
- Lunch will provide on the road at the local restaurant
- Arrival Medan airport
- Catch a flight to your next destination
- Terms and Conditions
- The conditions in this trip, which these stays are carried out sometimes felt as “pain” and to be required for each participant to have:
- Good mental preparation,
- Great adaptability.
- To be well informed before departure about the culture and ways of life in Sumatra and the jungle. ( the guide will give some little briefing and explain about this before we will start our trip )
- Because the Sumatra area is covered with rainforest and located right on the equator, it has a tropical climate, the weather is hot and humid all year round. The driest season normally starts from May to September, although there are sporadic rains and may occur during this period. Rains are abundant between November and January. The average temperature is 30 °C degree so be ready for hot, humid, and hasty conditions.
- Respect the culture of every local community, for example, local wisdom, their law order, their way of living, the way they dress their upbringing methods, different life perspectives, and views of the world and local environment in the community.
- Our Commitment
- Promoting good practice to spread the idea of responsible for traveling
- Working with expert local guides and partners to achieve sustainable goals and practices
- Bringing benefit to local communities when it comes to boost their economic and social standard, teaching them about the tourism industry, as well as helping local children with ongoing education
- Preserving culture and nature through eco-tourisme responsible travel
- Things to carry
- Small backpack (we can leave some stuff at the previous place we stayed in (hotel/hostel)
- Long trousers, long sleeves, t-shirt, fresh underwear (there will be sweating going on)
- Rain clothes (forget about umbrella)
- We recommend bringing a dry bag/pocket (waterproof) to protect your camera and any other important documents and equipment you need to take care of
- Trekking shoes, sleeping bag, a mosquito repellent, high protection sunscreen, a headlamp, toilet paper, a sun hat/cap, sunglasses, water bottle
- First aid such as paracetamol, pain killers, anti-diarrhea, disinfectant, all other medication you would usually take
- Do not overpack! Keep it simple
- What is included and not included on the price
What’s include :
- Airport transportation service
- Ferry ticket Padang – Siberut 2 x
- Entrance ( Siberut National Park )
- Logistic ( all meals and drinks during our trip )
- Motor canoe 2 time ( crossing Siberut river to reach our trek point )
- Accomodation with Mentawai community
- Mosquito net, mattres
- Present to the Mentawai clan
- Local English and French speaking guide
What’s not include
- Personal expenses : souvenirs, alcoholic drinks and etc
- Accomodation in Padang city Recommend place to stay : Budget hotel by harbour, Oxville Hotel ( breakfast included ), Yani Homestay, Riverside Hostel (non – breakfast )
All meals will be provided / cooked by our team in the local house / Mentawai (except the breakfast before starting our trip from Padang city). The food that we will provide such as rice, eggs, chicken, vegetables and, fruits, and you will have a chance to enjoy local Mentawai food as they do. Drink water we will carry fresh mineral water ( gallon), and we will use boil water from the river too.
- Sleeping Arrangements
For sleeping arrangements in the Mentawai traditional longhouse, we will sleep on the floor ( with Mattress ) and mosquito net, for your comfortability it is recommended to bring your sleeping bag, mat, or air bed.
During our trip we will use 2 times ( Fast Ferry ), 2-time local transport such as Motor taxi, Tuk-tuk or Pick up truck and Motor Canoa.
We strongly recommended that you will have to take your responsibility for your travel insurance during the trip with us, or as soon as you book this tour. And do not forget to bring all those important documents and information with you.
Please inform yourself about getting vaccinated before traveling to Indonesia.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST: You already found all necessary info, what to bring and carry, dos and don'ts, however, there are other details and questions I have for you: - do you have any allergies? - do you have any dietary restrictions? - do you have any health issues (diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, heart disease, etc)?