KERINCI WILDERNESS ADVENTURE
25 Juni 2021 103 admin
- Aunthentic travel experiences in Sumatra
- Explore off beaten path to discover biodiversity of Sumatra rainforest
- Wilderness of Sumatra jungle with exotic flora and fauna
- 100 % customizable, flexible and Adventurous
- What is the trip about
ARE YOU AN ADVENTUROUS TRAVELLERS AND LOVE CULTURAL EXPERIENCES AND TREKKING IN THE WILDERNESS? EXACTLY SUMATRA IS YOUR HOME !
Kerinci Seblat National park is a National and International treasure that holds strategic value for biodiversity conservation and sustainable development. Kerinci is still well-untouched nature as enchanting little paradise in Sumatra, covered with tea plantation, coffee, and cinnamon, 70%- 80% of the world's Cinnamon production comes from Kerinci, several tourist destinations attracts many tourists such as Kerinci volcano as the highest volcano in Sumatra ( 3805 M ), this Volcano is the one iconic tourism attraction in Kerinci, around 6000 tourists ( local and foreigner ) climb this volcano yearly.
Our most wild trek takes you deep into the primary rainforest and potentially through to the Sumatran tiger area. You’ll hike up ridge trails, cross jungle streams, visit peaceful lake surrounded by rainforest and even take a dip in the magnificently Danau Gunung tujuh to Siamang gibbons habitat, mitred leaf monkeys, hornbills, and a variety of birds and other wildlife. And yes, a few of our guests have even had a good fortune of seeing sun bears, with a majority at the very least seeing pug marks, scratches, scat, and other signs of recent activity.
- Travel theme : Wilderness Nature, Exotic flora and fauna
- Adventure route : Sumatra region : Kerinci National Park
- Group Size : 1 up to 6 people
Guaranteed departure from 1 registered, whether you register alone or with other travelers, your group is formed as when registration are made ( contact us if you want a private group )
- Itinerary Focus : Wilderness, Exotic flora and fauna,
Flight to Padang city capital of West Sumatra, arrival in Padang our guide/team will meet you in the airport and transfer to your hotel
Day 1 Padang – Gressik tuo region, Kerinci
- Travel from Padang city to Gressik Tuo, Kerinci ( this trip it will take 6 hours by land with a private minivan since the road conditions aren’t accessible and through hilly mountains area )
- Arrival in Gressik Tuo check in to our Ecolodge take rest and enjoy the nature, with breathtaking views hilly mountain
- Preparation before our adventure for the next day
- Evening and dinner
Day 2 Gunung Tujuh Jungle adventure
- After breakfast, we will start our adventure hike to Danau Gunung Tujuh jungle, which is considered the highest volcanic lake in Southeast Asia. Gunung Tujuh Lake is 1,950 m above sea level, the length of the lake is 45km with width is 3 km, the trek it will take about 3,5 hours to the peak. ( lunch will provide once we arrive on the peak )
- Arrival on the peak, take rest and proceed lunch we will continue to our campsite nearby lakeside, but to reach our camp, we will take a traditional canoe that usually operates by local fisherman in that area ( this canoe riding it will take about 2 hours to our spot because this area is preserved by nature conservation Kerinci National Park so that the motor aren’t allowed )
- Arrival at our camp spot, take a rest enjoy the views ( coffe, tea, sofdrink ) while we prepare our tent
- Dinner and evening
Day 3 Wildlife trekking and observing
- During this day we will maximise our effort to potentially discover wildlife in this area, potentially wildlife or animals we could see like Black Gibbons Sumatra, Siamang, hornbill, leaf monkey, Sumatra tapir, Sumatran clouded leopard, and Sumatran tiger activity like footprints, etc ( there is no guarantee that to see a wild Sumatran tiger in this trip )
- After dinner we will continue to maximise our effort to observe wildlife activity by night trekking
Day 4 Trekking back to Palompek villlage ( ecolodge ) and boat riding through Rawa Bento area
( bird watching activity )
- After breakfast we will start our journey back to the village
- Paddling back with the canoe about 2 hours to reah our trekk point then continue trekking back to the village for another 3 hours ( water, snack, fruits will provide )
- Arrival at the village, check in to our Ecolodge and proceed lunch then take a rest
- at 04:00 p.m boat riding through the Rawa bento river for bird watching
- dinner and evening
Day 5 Bird watching in the morning – back to Padang
- continue our bird watching in the morning for another 2 hours to see Wildlife activity in the morning
- back to the Ecolodge and have a breakfast
- then continue back to Padang city
- Arrival in Padang check in to the hotel and take rest
Terms & condition
- The Kerinci National Park area is covered with rainforest and located right on the equator, it has a tropical climate, the weather is hot and humid all year round. The driest season normally starts from May to September, although there are sporadic rains and may occur during this period. The temperature in the Kerinci is pretty pretty cold and humid sometimes it can reach 13 degrees.
- This trip pshysically challenging and adventurous so it required good stamina and mental
- Respect the culture of every local community, for example, local wisdom, their law order, their way of living, the way they dress their upbringing methods, different life perspectives, and views of the world and local environment in the community.
- Promoting good practice to spread the idea of responsible for traveling
- Working with expert local guides and partners to achieve sustainable goals and practices
- Bringing benefit to local communities when it comes to boost their economic and social standard, teaching them about the tourism industry, as well as helping local children with ongoing education
- Preserving culture and nature through eco-tourisme responsible travel
Things to carry
- Small backpack (we can leave some stuff at the previous place we stayed in (hotel/hostel)
- Long trousers, long sleeves, t-shirt, Rain clothes , puffy jacket and sleeping bag
- We recommend bringing a dry bag/pocket (waterproof) to protect your camera and any other important documents and equipment you need to take care of
- Trekking shoes willing to get muddy, a mosquito repellent, high protection sunscreen, a headlamp, toilet paper, a sun hat/cap, sunglasses, water bottle
- First aid such as paracetamol, pain killers, anti-diarrhea, disinfectant, all other medication you would usually take.
All rate above is include :
- Accomodation in Padang city 2 night before start the trip to Kerinci and after trip end from Kerinci
( local comfort “ standard basic” )
- Yani Homestay Padang
- Brigitte house Padang
- All private transportation ( minivan or bus )
- All meals, drinks, during trip ( meals will be provide in local restaurant with typical Sumatra’s dishes also known as Padang’s food
- Accomodation at Ecolodge 2 night in Kerinci, with 3 meals included
- Kerinci view ecolodge
- Program as itinerary
- Permit National park
- Local expert team
All rate above is not include :
- Personal expenses : souvenirs, alcohol drinks
We strongly recommended that you will have to take your responsibility for your travel insurance during the trip with us, or as soon as you book this tour. And do not forget to bring all those important documents and information with you.
Please inform yourself about getting vaccinated before traveling to Indonesia.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST: You already found all necessary info, what to bring and carry, dos and don'ts, however, there are other details and questions I have for you: - do you have any allergies? - do you have any dietary restrictions? - do you have any health issues (diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, heart disease, etc)?