4 DAY HARAU VALLEY ADVENTURE
25 Juni 2021 112 admin
- An Authentic Culturally travel experiences
- Explore off beaten path to discover diversity of Sumatra Rainforest and 1000 cave of Harau
- 100 % customizable and flexible
- What is the trip about
Our active and sportive program we designed carefully for adventurous travelers like you! exploring Sumatra rainforest that will allow you discover a little – known area but incredibly full of a rich culture that will give you an unforgettable experience in your travel lifetime, our adventurous trips in between hilly mountainous area, valleys and rice terraces, waterfalls through to the exotic small villages, by experiencing all of this stuff we surely bring you to see authentic local life to encounter with the local people who are friendly with full of smiles that you wouldn't miss it. With our popular adventure trips, we create that special for you such as trekking to explore Harau Valley and camping in the 1000 cave.
Travel theme : Wilderness Nature, Exotic flora and fauna, Culture
Adventure route : Harau Valley, West Sumatra
Group Size : 1 – 8 people Guaranteed departure from 1 registered, whether you register alone or with other travelers, your
group is formed as when registration are made ( contact us if you want a private group )
Itinerary Focus : Wilderness, Exotic flora and fauna and culture
This off the beaten track and it will stretch your comfort zone. They don't always feature tourist highlights, but dive
deeper into local living and culture.
Flight to Padang city capital of West Sumatra, arrival in Padang our guide/team will meet you in the airport and transfer to your hotel
Day 1 : Padang - Harau Valley
After breakfast in the hotel, 09:00 am we start our journey to Harau valley via Malalak rainforest ( on the way to Harau valley we able to see how local people produce a cinnamon and sugar cane *home industry*) have some brief stop and proceed with lunch. After lunch we will travel straight to Harau Valley, arrival in Harau valley check-in our ecolodge, enjoy the moment and take a rest ( walking tour around the village), dinner will provide at the ecolodge.
Day 2 : Explore Harau Valley jungle and camping in the cave
After breakfast in our ecolodge, transfer to the exotic village of Harau valley by local tuk-tuk ( 15 minutes) arrival in the village start trekking/climb up to hilly mountainous jungle of Harau valley, observe flora and fauna also we might see endemic Sumatra gibbons when the moment we reach the top have some little break and enjoy the Harau Valley views surrounding all around by forest and fascinating rice terraces. Continue our journey hike to explore jungle cave of Harau also as known 1000 caves and we will set up our place, overnight in the cave.
Day 3 : 1000 caves – back to village and night at the ecolodge
in the morning birds chirping and other jungle's sounds will wake you up, prepare for breakfast and proceed to go back to the village on the way back we will explore more another cave, arrival in the village visiting a waterfall nearby the village and have a fresh shower in the waterfall. Lunch will proceed in a local family house, which allows you to see or participate cooking with the local family after lunch takes a little rest and have some local activity fishing with the family or participate with them in their plantation or rice field, farewell with a local family and transfer to our ecolodge. Dinner and evening
Day 4: Harau valley – Minangkabau king's palace – back to Padang
Leaving our ecolodge and transfer to Batusangkar and visiting Minangkabau King's palace lunch at a local restaurant ("nasi Padang" – refers to the local cuisine of West Sumatra) arrival at Minangkabau King's palace ( Minangkabau culture, history, and heritage)leaving the palace and going back to Padang, evening and dinner in Padang city with typical Padang cuisine. Tour end
- Terms & condition
- You have to respect the way of living the local community ( Minangkabau ) in the village, and given the conditions of poverty and isolated areas, families that accept us to spend time with them. In the cave we will be sleeping in a very rudimentary comfort style on the floor with mat (floor mat); this applies to one night in the cave.
In the ecolodge that we will stay the conditions of comfort and cleanliness are more than basic but far from being guaranteed for "Western standards". In this case, it's very important and necessary to be able to tolerate this short inconvenience, to be able to enjoy your full stay and experience.
- Because the Sumatra area is covered with rainforest and located right on the equator, it has a tropical climate, the weather is hot and humid all year round. The driest season normally starts from May to September, although there are sporadic rains and may occur during this period. Rains are abundant between November and January. The average temperature is 30 °C degree in Siberut island. Be ready for hot, humid, and hasty conditions.
- Respect the culture of every local community, for example, local wisdom, their law order, their way of living, the way they dress up, bringing methods, different life perspectives and views of the world and local environment in the community, (for two villages in Minangkabau trip it is recommended to wear trouser below knee length and T-shirt to cover shoulders. Applies to both men and women. During the Minang tour please do not wear shorts, sleeveless shirts, shirts showing cleavage, and skirts above the knee. Also mind that looser clothes help fight the heat, compared to tight clothes. )
- Our Commitment
- Promoting good practice to spread the idea of responsible for traveling
- Working with expert local guides and partners to achieve sustainable goals and practices
- Bringing benefit to local communities when it comes to their economic and social standard, teaching them about the tourism industry, as well as helping local children with ongoing education
- Conserving natural resource
- Things in your Backpack
- Small backpack (we can leave some stuff at the previous place we stayed in (hotel/hostel)
- Long trousers, long sleeves, t-shirt, fresh underwear (there will be sweating going on), rain clothes (forget about umbrella)
- We recommend bringing a dry bag/pocket (waterproof) to protect your camera and any other important documents and equipment you need to take care of
- Trekking shoes, sleeping bag, a mosquito repellent, high protection sunscreen, a headlamp, toilet paper, a sun hat/cap, sunglasses, water bottle
- First aid such as paracetamol, pain killers, anti-diarrhea, disinfectant, all other medication you would usually take
- All meals will be providing in the local Minang house, we will have lunch and dinner together with our host family, the all the food is a typical Minang cuisine also as known Padang food such curry, full with coconut milk ( coconut milk is the most important thing in Padang food mixed with lot of spices such as start anise, cardamon, cinnamon, glove, coriander and etc, we will enjoy local food as they do. Drink water we will carry fresh mineral water ( gallon).
What’s might be included and not included in the price
All rate above is include :
- All private transportation ( minivan or bus )
- All meals, drinks, during trip ( meals will be provide in local Minang restuarant style with typical Minang’s dishes also known as Padang’s food
- Accomodation in local family ( Minangkabau inhabitant )
- Program as itinerary
- Entrance fee ( museum and sites )
- Local English or French speaking guide
All rate above is not include :
- Personal expenses : souvenirs, alcohol drinks
We strongly recommended that you will have to take your responsibility for your travel insurance during the trip with us, or as soon as you book this tour. And do not forget to bring all those important documents and information with you.
Please inform yourself about getting vaccinated before traveling to Indonesia.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST: You already found all necessary info, what to bring and carry, dos and don'ts, however, there are other details and questions I have for you: - do you have any allergies? - do you have any dietary restrictions? - do you have any health issues (diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, heart disease, etc)?
Are you interested in discovering Sumatra with endemic flora and fauna
leave us a message to request details information and Itinerary
we will contact you as soon as possible to organize this amazing experience